Being offered with a myriad of options on the market these days can be certainly helpful but other times this could also make choosing the best fish bowl for you a very confusing task to deal with. That said, it is best to conduct a research first regarding the most trusted and reliable brands that are known to be expert in the world of aquarium and fish keeping hobby. This way, you can be at peace knowing that you are in good hands.
Indeed, the product reviews comprehensively examined below as well as the buying tips tackled in this post are all very helpful means for you to have a careful look of what will be the most practical option for your fish keeping needs. As you know, it is always best if you have obtained useful information first before you buy the fish bowl that you are eyeing to invest in. Take in mind that there are lots of features and functions for you to look into prior to the final buying decision.
Continue going over the valuable information discussed in the rest of this article so that you can be guaranteed of getting the real value of your hard-earned money and end up being delighted with the right product that could make your fish keeping hobby a more pleasurable one.
Table of Contents
- Best Fish Bowl Reviews of 2022
- 1. Koller Products 1-Gallon Fish Bowl
- 2. CYS EXCEL 10-inch Height Terrarium Glass Bubble Bowl
- 3. Anchor Hocking 2-Gallon Goldfish Bowl-Drum
- 4. WGV Clear Bubble Bowl Glass Vase
- 5. Koller Products Shatter-proof 1-Gallon Fish Bowl
- 6. Sweetsea Hanging Wall Mounted Fish Bowl
- 7. Koller Products 1.5-Gallon Fish Bowl
- 8. Anchor Hocking 1-Gallon Goldfish Bowl
- 9. Koller Products 2-Gallon Fish Bowl
- 10. Home Essentials CLEAR FISH BOWL
- What to Look for When Buying a Fish Bowl
- Other Important Factors to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Fish Bowl Reviews of 2022
1. Koller Products 1-Gallon Fish Bowl
Everyone surely wants to get the best goldfish bowls and if you really want to do so, you’ve got to pick the best brand too. And, luckily this does not need to be quite costly to invest in.
This adorable fish bowl can be easily filled with silk flowers, glass beads, fresh flowers, potpourri and embellishing marbles. Since it is not made of a fragile glass material, you won’t have to worry if you have a toddler and other pets living with you.
In addition to this, it can offer a clearer fish tank view that you can enjoy viewing whenever you feel exhausted; it looks stylish wherever you decide to place it. This is no trouble to clean since it can be washed in warm water.
Nevertheless, this mini fish bowl is made of plastic material reason why it is not that durable to withstand extreme temperatures. Additionally, it appears a little fragile for a holding haven for your live pet fish.
- Ideal for weddings, centerpieces, 360-viewing, crafting and home adornments
- Comes in a very cheap price tag
- Made using shatter-resistant plastic material
- Safe to use even with kids and other pets around
- Can guarantee superb transparency
- Cannot withstand extreme temperatures since it is made of plastic
- Seems slightly flimsy for a holding hub for a live fish
2. CYS EXCEL 10-inch Height Terrarium Glass Bubble Bowl
Shopping for cool fish bowls for bettas is made easier these days for they are not that difficult to find and nearly readily available in local aquarium stores and online shopping sites. They are certified less costly alternatives if compared with larger aquariums.
If it is your desire to provide your betta fish a spacious environment for them to thrive, this cute fish bowl is a good pick that would satisfy your expectations. It is not limited to a single application but it could also be used for other purposes.
It can magnify what’s inside the bowl; as a result, you can have a clearer view inside it and no matter where you prefer to place it, this will definitely look more captivating for everyone.
However, there are two weak points that come with this mini aquarium and these are the not so thick glass material that makes it more prone to instant breakage and has the tendency to crack under pressure plus it is not that smooth sailing to clean because it is slightly bulky.
- Comes with wonderful magnification to allow better view
- Practical to use for different occasions
- Designed to be lead-free and non-porous
- Appears as a modern and stylish décor anywhere you place it
- Uniquely handcrafted
- Slightly hard to clean since it is a little heavy
- Glass material is not thick
3. Anchor Hocking 2-Gallon Goldfish Bowl-Drum
Many of us always prefer unique glass fish bowls as we want something that comes with more distinctive look than the usual ones. This product is topnotch yet it does not force you to spend more.
This impressive fish bowl is flat on the front and rear section. It certainly comes with a perfect shape and you could easily realize that it is precisely what you especially necessitate as it is heavy, solid and seems well-constructed to execute its purpose.
If it is your first time to put a mini aquarium together, then this will help you make a great start. It is a piece of cake to assemble so getting started with your fish keeping hobby will be struggle-free. And, the best of all, there is no need to spend extravagantly for a good fish bowl.
Howbeit, this mini fish bowl is slightly bulky especially when you start to fill it with water and other items when setting up a new mini aquarium and it appears to be more susceptible to developing cracks at the bottom section of the bowl.
- Built using good quality and durable glass material
- Does the job
- Highly recommended if you’re keeping betta fish
- Straightforward to set up and use
- A superb value for the price
- A little bulky
- Seems prone to getting cracked at the bottom
4. WGV Clear Bubble Bowl Glass Vase
Would you like to own fancy fish bowls for your most cherished pet fish? If so, then why not take a closer look of this cute and super clear bowl?
This mini bowl is meant not only to be a great shelter for your small fish but it could also be used as a very pretty flower centerpiece embellishment for special occasions. It is well-made and seems to be built by professional craftsmen. Its glass material is solid and can ensure a more lucid view inside it.
Likewise, the size of this cute bowl is not too huge and not too small so it could provide just the appropriate space you will ever need when decorating or when sheltering your tiny pet fish. You can place this on top of your desk or closet.
Even so, a couple of the not so good qualities of this product are its misleading dimensions and it comes with rough and sharp edges that makes it dangerous to handle especially when cleaning it. It could cause injuries so you better handle it with extra caution.
- Works as ideal terrarium
- Appears to be built with sterling quality and stellar craftsmanship
- Makes a very lovely centerpiece or decoration
- Looks very transparent and elegant
- Can fit nicely on a dresser or desktop
- Comes with rough and sharp edges
- Dimensions were a bit misleading
5. Koller Products Shatter-proof 1-Gallon Fish Bowl
Buying small fish bowls made by world class brands is a smart decision that won’t put your money to waste. This product is built to last as it is designed to be shatter-proof. And, it is not only intended for fish keeping but also for many other useful applications such as when decorating a venue for special celebrations.
This mini bowl is highly recommended for weddings, flower or table centerpieces, and home adornment and for crafting hobbies. It looks expensive and trendy so it would definitely look ornamental wherever you feel like displaying it. And, since it is shatter-proof, it is less prone to causing injuries or accidents when you happened to mishandle it.
All the same, there are two minus points for this mini bowl and these are its plastic material that could be potentially hazardous to your live pet fish and its bottom section is too tiny to get two things to stand.
- Can guarantee crystal-clear transparency
- Built to be shatter-resistant
- Can be filled with different decors of your choice
- Looks classy and stylish
- Priced reasonably
- Bottom section is too small to get two things to stand
- Plastic material can be unsafe for fish
6. Sweetsea Hanging Wall Mounted Fish Bowl
Are you eyeing to invest in creative betta fish bowls? Then, this space-saving wall-mounted and attractive mini bowl can surely satisfy your one-of-a-kind taste. As you can see, it looks more prominent that other similar products sold today.
This uniquely-looking bowl is capable of holding water well and it seems quite stable. Since it is designed to be wall-mounted, this won’t clutter your space. It is best known for being a lovely hanging planter and fish bowl that makes a great gift for those who are into fish and plant keeping.
It is worth noting that this mini bowl is a child’s play to put together and maintaining it is not a pain in the neck. This would absolutely make a very wonderful accent that would add more life and vibrant color to a small place. It has the capability to compliment a certain spot at home or in the workplace. You can add tiny fish, small plants and fancy stones to intensify its unique look.
On the other hand, while this mini bowl is said to be a good hub for tiny fish, it looks quite small for your pet fish to live comfortably. And, it has the potentiality to cause some leakage issues after several months of use.
- Built with supreme quality transparent acrylic material
- Designed with space-saving feature
- Best pick for live plants, tiny fish and goldfish
- Installation can done in a snap
- Works as a very creative and distinctive home adornment
- Has the tendency to leak
- Size seems inappropriate to shelter fish
7. Koller Products 1.5-Gallon Fish Bowl
If you are planning to buy cute fish bowls as gifts for little children or to those who are beginners in fish keeping hobby, then this mini bowl can be your best start. This is not just meant for fish keeping but also for decorating purposes whenever you have special occasions to take care of.
This plastic-made fish bowl comes with two seams on the edges where the plastic was integrated together. The seams are very sleek and could hardly be noticed. It is definitely well-built and it does not come with jagged edges that make it look cheap. By the look of it, it is precisely what you had hoped for in a less expensive plastic fish bowl.
Regardless, this mini bowl is prone to getting stained that seem non-removable. And, it comes with open top that makes the water evaporate instantly which means to say that you will need to refill the bowl with water more often.
- Manufactured using damage-resistant plastic material
- Useful as centerpieces and for crafting or decorating activities
- Certified solid and quite durable
- Serves as a pleasing adornment at home or at workplace
- Looks like a very clear glass
- Prone to getting stained that can’t be removed easily
- Comes with open top that makes water evaporate quickly
8. Anchor Hocking 1-Gallon Goldfish Bowl
Are you currently searching for affordable and unique betta fish bowls? If that is the case, this one is worth considering. This is made of sturdy glass material that can offer a very clear view whether you add fish into it or some decors during special events.
Many consumers buy this mini bowl for holiday decorations. The reason for that is because it has the capability to look elegant, expensive and stunning once embellished with various decors. It is built to be solid and is capable of doing its job just as described.
This is unrivaled if you want to use it to keep a single goldfish or betta fish. The size is just adequate for a tiny fish to move around and it can serve as your goldfish or betta fish’s temporary shelter. It appears well-constructed and free from any damage.
Be that as it may, two of the negative sides of owning this mini fish bowl are its very small size that might not be ideal to keep betta fish in full time and it seems not that recommendable if you intend to keep goldfish as this type of fish tends to grow bigger. Observing it closely, it looks like it is more ideal only for decorative applications.
- Works better as a decorative object
- Uncomplicated to set up and use
- Ideal option due to its capability to add a superb value
- Made of thick and sturdy glass material
- Seems solidly crafted and designed
- Appear not so ideal for keeping goldfish
- Quite tiny to keep a betta in full time
9. Koller Products 2-Gallon Fish Bowl
The delighting news is that unique fish bowls sold on the market at present are not that hard to find and are not that overpriced. For a fact, you can further your search and end up getting good quality ones without the need to spend more money.
Just like this mini bowl, it is made of sturdy plastic material yet it looks like a real glass. But, do not expect that it will provide a very lucid view just like an authentic glass of course. Aside from being a safe hub for your tiny pet fish, this can also serve as a very appealing adornment during holidays or other special gatherings.
No matter what kinds of decors you want to put into it, it will look splendid and can add more life and color to your dull-looking place. And, if you intend to keep a fish, make sure that you only keep a small one.
Withal, this mini fish bowl is more likely to develop multiple dents and it cannot provide very transparent view just like what was advertised. These are just a couple of the demerits that you can encounter if you decide to get this option for you.
- Built using damage-proof plastic material
- Can be filled with diverse decorations
- Won’t bring about any leak issues
- Looks super transparent just like a real glass material
- Recommended for those who prefer cheaper alternative
- Prone to dents
- Can’t provide super lucid view as advertised
10. Home Essentials CLEAR FISH BOWL
This funny fish bowl will absolutely be loved by both adults and kids. It will make a great present as you can evidently tell on its luring appearance. This is perfect to be positioned in office desk or study tables or any limited space.
Kids and adults can adorn this fish bowl with lovely shells and you would definitely receive a lot of compliments. Many people who are into fish keeping hobby consider this as a very perfect container if you are looking after a goldfish.
Now that you’ve learned that this is not solely for fish keeping purposes but also for adorning your place when there is a special gathering, isn’t that enough reason why this lovely mini bowl is a great stuff to have?
Notwithstanding, this mini bowl comes with a very costly price tag that could hurt your budget and since it is made of thick and solid glass material, it is a little heavy. This must also be handled carefully as it could injure you once mishandled.
- Crafted using durable and thick glass material
- Designed with decent size ideal for fish keeping and decorating
- Looks unique, exquisite and eye-catching
- Makes a very sophisticated and enchanting embellishment at home or in the office
- Not troublesome to put together and embellish
- A little pricey
- Kind of bulky
What to Look for When Buying a Fish Bowl
When it comes to getting the most suitable fish bowl for your fish, it is not good to rush the purchase. If you want high quality one and something that could last for years, then you’ve got to ponder on some valuable buying tips:
How much is the product?
When it comes to the price tag, do not merely focus on how cheap it is. Always consider if the quality is not compromised. Make it a habit to have a closer look of the material the product is made of and if it is built with superb craftsmanship. In the event you think that the price is too steep for your current budget, then it is better to set aside some more money till the funds are available to purchase the product.
Create a checklist of the necessary items that your fish bowl needs.
In reality, getting started in aquarium hobby is not less expensive at all. A fish tank will require some vital equipment to make it operate the way it should be and to make it a safer haven for your pet fish. Make sure to consolidate all the other necessary items you need to buy too so that you can start setting up a new fish tank at once.
Besides, always check the fish tank accessories or items when shopping for them. Check for any signs of damage or malfunctioning issues.
What about the size of the fish bowl?
Before buying one, it makes sense to decide on the size of the fish tank that you’re getting. Whether you prefer a small or large one, the decision is yours. However, see to it to look into the other factors such as the type of fish you will keep, the number of fish that will dwell in the fish bowl, and the other live plants and aquarium decors you plan to add inside the tank.
Needless to say, if you intend to keep several fish inside the tank, then you need to ensure that the size of the tank will be spacious enough for them to freely and comfortably move, play, swim and thrive. In short, you need to make certain that your fish won’t be suffocated.
What about the weight of the fish bowl?
In general, how light or heavy the fish tank is will determine if it will be safely placed in a desk, study table or if it will require a stand. Of course, the fish tank will be filled with water and other equipment. So, you also need to consider those factors when buying one.
Where do you plan to place the fish bowl?
As for the location of your mini aquarium, see to it to keep it away from any source of heat and direct sunlight. Also, do not place it nearby a spot where you have valuable items that should not get wet when replacing water and cleaning the tank.
What type of fish you’ll be keeping?
When shopping for a fish bowl, make sure that you think about what type of fish you will be keeping. If the type of fish you intend to keep has the tendency to grow really big, then it is senseless to get a small option. Also contemplate on if the fish is easy to take care of and if it is alright to add other fish of different species or if it is best to keep it alone.
Overall, when first starting out, it is highly suggested to make well-thought-of plan before you buy the fish bowl, fish and other equipment. In this manner, you will have a great opportunity to succeed.
Other Important Factors to Consider
What is a fish bowl? How does it work?
Fish bowls especially require a considerable deal of maintenance and are actually slightly intricate to look after as compared to larger fish tanks. Generally speaking, you would prefer to change 50 by up to 100% of the water in your fish bowl or mini fish tank on a daily mode to ward off the tendency to cause danger to your fish tank.
In like manner, many fish keepers consider fish bowls as the other cheaper alternative to a larger aquarium. So long as it is properly taken care of, fish bowl can be a very impressive accent to any residential area or workplace.
You won’t encounter any serious issue if you look after and maintain your fish bowl. For it to function accordingly, it is a must to replace the water every day. And, when feeding the fish, this must be done two times in a day. See to it to feed your pet fish with small amounts of food only. The reason why it is fundamental to change the water daily is because excess food debris will foul the fish bowl water and this could heighten the need to replace the water.
What are the different types of fish bowls?
Various forms of fish bowls come in literally any sizes and forms. And, the most typical styles and forms consist of round styles that come with larger water volume capacity, the classic drum style that is broader from left to right that it is profound, from front to rear section.
By the same token, there are those that come with setups that include a filtration system and are generally much bigger as compared to the conventional fish bowl. There are also those that are set in frames that come with a little lighting system and these are specifically designed for bettas.
Apart from these, fish bowls also come in conventional sizes such as those that can hold half a gallon which is deemed as the smallest fish bowl you can ever encounter. There are those that could hold one gallon, one and a half gallon, two and three gallons.
Basically, one gallon fish bowl weighs about six lbs. when filled with water. The two gallon fish bowl weighs twelve lbs. and finally the three gallon fish bowl which is regarded as the biggest one weighs twenty lbs. and it is roughly eleven inches in height and comes with a width of ten inches.
They also come in different price range, materials they are made of and there are those that come complete to make the setting up process more plain sailing.
Why do you need a fish bowl? (Benefits)
Having fish bowls at home is not just to have a very stunning accent or addition in any spot at home or in the office. More than all these, they can offer a number of perks that could seriously improve a person’s quality of life:
- Keeping a fish bowl helps reduce stress; as a result, this is one way of combatting anxiety and depression since you can easily soothe your confused and exhausted body and mind.
- Owning a fish bowl can help improve your nurturing skills since you have live fish to take care of. This is also a good way of learning how to extend your patience because fish bowl care and maintenance is not a joke.
- Since you can keep yourself calm and relaxed, you can avoid high blood pressure and other ailments that could be linked to stress and fatigue.
- Putting a fish bowl in your office desk can help you to stay focused and not easily get tired; thus, you can increase your productivity.
- Fish keeping hobby introduced to children is beneficial in the sense that at an early age, you can teach your kids how to be responsible and caring human beings.
- Going home after a very long, monotonous and boring activity at school or at work can help you calm down and be stunned of a relaxing view. Not to mention, glancing at an ocean-like view can help you refocus and forget your personal issues for a while.
- Your simple-looking room or office desk can look livelier and more inviting if you have some live fish and aquatic plants thriving in a fish bowl. Rather than putting a lot of stuff that could only clutter your place or office desk, a fish bowl that contains colorful fish and decors inside it can improve the mood in your home or workplace.
As you can see, while it could be true that fish keeping can be slightly costly and laborious, the benefits you can enjoy if you keep one are countless. In fact, these are considered priceless so these outweigh the cons.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most trusted fish bowl brands?
Needless to say, choosing the best brand is like picking the best product. Obviously, the world’s most trusted fish bowl brands are renowned for manufacturing top-quality products that can ensure superior performance, long lasting durability and aesthetic appeal.
This is why it really matters so much to conduct research first with regards to the most reputable brands when it comes to aquarium products. Basically, credible brands would certainly offer you the most top-rated products that would bring you more satisfaction in the end.
If it is your wish to get the real worth of your money when buying a fish bowl for your pet fish, then the following brands can be of big help to you:
- Koller Products
- Home Essentials
How to set up?
When setting up a fish bowl, consider the following techniques:
- The water temperature in a fish bowl should be that of a room temperature since it does fish bowl generally do not come with a heater. Hence, it is not recommended to place the mini aquarium where it will receive direct heat from the sun or in a location where there is other heat source.
Bear in mind that tropical fish prefer warmer water than the average bowl could sustain. Whereas, Siamese fighting fish thrive in fish bowls so long as they could be kept at 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For approximately ten to fifteen minutes, float the bag that contains your new fish in the fish bowl. Then, put a balanced amount of water from the fish bowl to the plastic bag and allow floating for another ten minutes.
Afterward, lightly tip the bag and allow the fish to swim freely. It is not advised to purchase several fish or choose fish that are quite huge for the fish bowl. Always keep in mind that the fish waste is not processed and not disintegrated just like when it is in an aquarium.
- Rinse the new fish bowl thoroughly using warm water with salt on it. As much as possible, refrain from using bleach, glass cleaning agents or chemical-based soap because such cleaning agents could leave waste or debris that would risk the life of your fish bowl inhabitants.
- Thoroughly rinse all rock, gravel and other sorts of adornments and wash them till they become free of any excess dirt or dusky color.
- Put the gravel in the mini aquarium and make sure that you allow about one inch-deep gravel for every gallon of water.
- The water that you add should be that of a room temperature and only put appropriate amount of water conditioner.
- Lastly, allow the bowl to stand for about one hour prior to adding the fish.
How to care & clean?
When cleaning a fish bowl, it is not suggested to use chemically-based cleaning agents as this could leave poisonous waste and could endanger the lives of your fish bowl dwellers.
More than that, when replacing fish bowl water, this must be performed on a daily basis if seriously needed, once per week or more often than this.
The water should look crystal clear. You will know right away of it is high time to replace the water when you could already notice that the waste is piling up at the bottom or if the fish bowl water becomes dusky.
Carefully net your fish into a dirt-free plastic bucket that comes with room temperature and conditioned water. See to it to rinse the gravel, decors and the bowl thoroughly using warm water with salt on it. Then, gently add water that comes with room temperature and conditioned water to the newly cleaned fish bowl and then add the fish.
The location where you’re going to place the fish bowl must be away for any source of heat and direct sunlight.
When feeding the fish, see to it to execute this two times per day only. It is not advised to over-feed your fish. Aside from the fact that over-feeding your fish can cause illness, the waste from the food can also make the fish bowl water unsafe for your mini aquarium occupants to dwell in.
Fundamentally, once you notice that some food leftovers are amassing on the fish bowl’s underneath section, or the fish bowl water starts to get cloudy, then this may indicate that it is high time to replace the water.
What is the warranty?
It is always advisable to opt for products that come with warranty whether you purchase from local specialty fish or pet stores or through online. The reason behind this is because warranties are your protection. In the event you get malfunctioning or defective item, it is best if the manufacturer can address this concern and offer you some warranty that would protect your investment.
Luckily, all the fish bowl products reviewed in this post come with warranties that protect every customer. This means that in case any sort of issue emerges, you can always be backed up by manufacturer’s warranty and can have your issues solved right away.
Where to buy?
It is delighting to note that various fish bowl products are not that difficult to look for at present. As a matter of fact, you can easily see them in local aquarium or fish/pet specialty stores in your area. Alternatively, another way of searching for more options is through shopping for them online. And, one of the best online shopping sites where you can be provided with more excellent options to pick from is Amazon. Thanks to the emergence of internet, shopping for fish bowl products is no longer so exhausting unlike in the past.
While shopping in local aquarium stores is good, shopping online can introduce you to numerous extraordinary brands and more outstanding features that could help make your fish keeping hobby a more elating experience that you can share with loved ones and friends. In Amazon, you can rest assure that this online shopping site would stand behind the customer in the event some issues take place.
In a nutshell, if you have the plan to look for the best fish bowl, keep in mind that there are innumerable factors to mull over. Interestingly, with the exhaustive product reviews and buying guides explored in this article, it would be a lot easier for everyone to discover which features should be considered if you seriously wish to end up buying the most suitable fish bowl for your pet fish and aquarium plants.
Reading comprehensive product reviews and delving into practical shopping tips can significantly help you compare various fish bowl products and, in doing so, you can set aside some money and adjust your budget so you can get the product of your choice, uncover which one best matches your requirements and which one could provide the best environment for your most precious pet fish.
Truth is, conducting a research before the shopping process is the best technique to bear in mind. This is because once you are already armed with sufficient knowledge, you can rest assure that you won’t waste any single penny. Moreover, it is helpful to learn more about the most trusted fish bowl brands and manufacturers so that you can ensure that you are making a worthwhile investment that won’t leave you feeling disappointed in the future.