There are ample reasons why countless of people in the aquarium-keeping world invest in the best rimless aquarium. Needless to say, keeping one certainly brings you inexplicable happiness and relaxation. This does not solely help in beautifying the tank but it also does a wonderful job at making aquarium occupants become livelier and awesome pets to keep.
It is true that there are plenty of distinct types of aquariums available on the market nowadays; however, if you are searching for the most outstanding choice in terms of aesthetics and extraordinary appeal, rimless fish tanks are absolutely the perfect pick to consider. These are entirely built using superior quality glass and plastic materials that your aquarium pets will find amazing to thrive in.
And, as compared to conventional fish tanks that come with thicker external edges that could disfigure or block your view of the inside, a rimless aquarium will enable you to have a clear glance into the underwater sanctum with much ease and with fascinating features.
Do you think this is what you have long been dreaming of? Then, start exploring the different rimless aquarium reviews below and also check out other vital information that you need to know on how to shop for them.
Table of Contents
Most Trusted Rimless Aquarium Reviews 2023
1. MarineLand Glass LED Aquarium Kit
This is the best pick for newbies. It is made with smooth vertical style that can ensure a sufficient amount of lighting and a powerful filter system. You will like its vertical framework since this is great for saving shelf space. And, unlike other brands, the filter of this rimless nano tank is capable of operating in a silent approach.
Moreover, the base of this tank is made of superior quality plastic that is sturdy enough and capable of holding the weight of the tank quite well. The lighting is just right. The white LEDs are stunning enough to boost glistening light in the water. On the other hand, the blue LEDs generate a soothing moonshine glow that is so nice to behold.
This is a good catch since it is visually appealing, durable and does not consume much space. It could be a perfect gift for aquarium enthusiasts on special occasions as well.
Notwithstanding, a few of the weak sides of this product are the narrow filter area which makes it slightly complex to clean up. And, the back compartment cover seems to be ill-fitting and shaky. These are the flaws that you have to deal with if you choose this product.
- Established with three-phase concealed back panel filtration that comes with adjustable flow filter pump
- Allows effortless access to the aquarium due to its sliding glass canopy and hinged light
- Highly recommended for newbies looking for small tanks
- Assembly process can be done in a snap
- Comes in compact size that can easily fit a desk or any tiny space
- Small filter area making it difficult to clean
- Comes with frail and ill-fitting back compartment cover
2. Landen 60P Rimless Aquarium Tank
This Landen rimless aquarium looks definitely impressive. It is well-built and the edges of the tank are all impeccably coordinated. The pristine clear quality glass is quite appealing and there is zero green tints to be found on the glass since this only contains low iron content. This is the perfect product if you prefer adequate space for your fish and reef options.
More than that, it is also manufactured from 6 mm glass and since it only contains low iron content, the lucidity is nearly 100%. Unlike other similar products out there, this does not have silicone so there is no need for trimming.
The glass is thick and quite lucid; hence, you can enjoy witnessing the different activities of your finned buddies inside the tank. Once you see this tank in person, you will agree with the fact that it is an extraordinary tank that is proudly built with exceptional craftsmanship.
Regardless of the many appealing features, this is not highly advised for newbies because installation is not a breeze. And, once purchased, it does not yet include the lid that needs to be utilized for the tank. If these are not very serious matters to you, then this is a good choice for the price.
- Made of top quality and pristine clear glass
- Comes with low iron content so it’s clear of any green tint on the glass
- Can allow adequate space in the aquarium
- Proudly made with outstanding craftsmanship
- Doesn’t have silicone that requires trimming
- Not the ideal pick for newbies
- Does not comes with a lid for the tank
3. Penn Plax Glass Aquarium Kit
This 10-gallon rimless aquarium is specifically constructed with a durable base. In the same way, it is designed with an attached LED lamp that you could often change at any period. This is popular for being a first-rate tank for goldfish and bettas. It even comes with a very functional Cascade internal filter.
Also, this is designed with a sleek front and curved corners that surprisingly appear quite sophisticated and contemporary. Many aquarium fanatics go for this brand because of its stunning and unique look. You won’t have issues with its filter since it operates in silent mode; this means that it won’t disturb you and your most precious aquatic pets.
Besides, this is a great deal for newbies. It is not complicated to clean and maintain. Once bought, the hinge-style plastic lid as well as the mat is already included in the box. If you are presently searching for a rimless tank that is built with top-quality glass that can be used for many years to come, then this is the right pick. The glass is clear and quite sturdy and it uses three-piece construction with sleek rounded front edges. And, since the glass is clear, this could stunningly reflect the colors and light inside the tank.
However, please note that the light of this seamless fish tank appears to be flimsy or weak. And, the lid is not that useful and seems to be made with cheap materials. These are the shortcomings that you need to expect if you pick this product.
- Especially built with the highest clarity glass
- Equipped with a noise-free filter
- Hinges are nicely built and can be mounted securely
- No sweat to clean and maintain
- Designed with smooth front and curved corners that appears modish and awesome
- Comes with poor quality and useless lid
- Light seems weak
4. Hygger Horizon Glass Aquarium Kit
If you prefer a deep blue rimless aquarium that is built with a tidy design and can guarantee a very lucid view of your aquarium pets and plants, then this 8-gallon tank by Hygger is an excellent pick. This comes with a sleek style that makes use of a curved front panel that also integrates a clear top panel to ensure a wider and clearer view inside the aquarium.
Withal, this tank is constructed with built-in artificial 3D rock that serves as a backdrop and also acts as crevices for your aquatic pets to tuck away. But, please be aware that this heavy feature lessens the actual capacity of this aquarium to solely six gallons.
What’s more, the filter is an internal system that is noise-free but low in capacity. This can continue operating though even when the level of water in the aquarium is below half; as you can see, this is quite advantageous for newbies who sometimes lose sight of refilling the tank when necessary.
There are two glitches that you need to check out about this product; first, its filter is low capacity and the second one is its incapability to provide you with 360-degree view. Regardless, these do not completely diminish the excellence of this brand.
- Features top quality multi-modes LED Light
- Built with sturdy, noise-free and reliable filter
- Designed with distinctive convex arc curve shape that could broaden your aquarium view
- Can guarantee safe delivery of product because it comes with multi-protection packing
- Comes with adorning and impressive 3D rockery mountain backdrop
- Comes with low capacity filter
- Incapable of providing 360 degree view
5. Lifegard Aquatics Crystal Aquarium
The 45-degree angle cut edge found in this tank is quite fascinating and is capable of ensuring a very sleek viewing experience. As a result, if you opt for a 20-gallon rimless aquarium, then this could be the ideal alternative that you can carefully look into. Its concealed rear filter and its 45-degree accuracy cut seams are what make this product more prominent among other options available these days.
Without any question, this is the most favorite choice of both beginners and pros in the aquarium keeping world precisely because it does not require very tedious and complex setup procedures, unlike other similar products. And, it is not difficult to clean and maintain as it only needs a bottom drain and plug which can be accomplished in a snap.
In substance, this is especially created with easy to adjust the directional flow, made with built-in concealed 3-phase filtration system and a built-in rear filter that comes with a durable pump. And, since it comes complete once purchased, this becomes user-friendly even to those who are still new to establishing a new tank. See to it, to stringently adhere to the setup methods from the manufacturer so that the tank can function to its full potential.
Not less, this aquarium does not include the LED lighting system once bought. In the same way, its poor packaging is something that needs to be significantly improved as this causes some damage to the tank during shipment.
- Does not necessitate intricate installation method
- Only requires bottom drain or plug
- Equipped with built-in rear filter with pump
- Comes with built-in concealed three-phase filtration system
- Easy-to-adjust directional flow
- Does not come with LED lighting system
- Comes with poor packaging
6. Ultum Nature Systems Rimless Tanks
Basically, one of the factors that make this product quite prominent from others is that the glass is extremely so transparent. And, since the primary perk to the entire rimless movement is to considerably improve tank owners’ viewing experience, this is evidently a huge perk to consider.
This frameless aquarium is constructed well and the silicone’s strength is powerful enough to hold the glass together. With its durability, you can rest assured that it will provide a long-standing service and performance that will satisfy you. And just like other tanks out there, this is also made with a nano foam leveling mat that does an outstanding job and does not disturb you from the tank.
Indeed, this is also known for its versatility provided that you utilize it for tanks that come in small sizes. In fact, many aquarium keepers who prefer small tanks prefer this tank because of its amazing features and functions.
Be that as it may, this product does not contain other features such as lights and filters, which imply that you may need to purchase these separately. Additionally, this is not obtainable in sizes that come with more than five gallons. Please note that these are just a couple of the unpleasant aspects that you need to uncover about this small tank.
- Built with avant-garde quality German silicone
- Already contains black Nano foam leveling mat once bought
- Designed with 45-degree metered edges
- Extremely pristine clear glass
- Can promise to deliver 91% lucidity
- Does not include lights or filters
- Not available in sizes more than five gallons
What To Look For When Buying A Rimless Aquarium
If you are wondering where to begin when buying rimless tanks, then here are the purchasing guides for you to look into:
- How much is your budget? The amount of money you currently have and the amount you are willing to spend for a rimless tank can affect the quality of the tank you can get.
- What does this mean? Expensive brands do not always mean they are the best; cheaper ones do not always mean they’re made of poor quality. To be certain, it won’t hurt to conduct your own research, read some product reviews and make some product comparisons.
- What type of aquarium do you keep? Is it freshwater, saltwater, planted, or reef?
- What are the tank features for you to ponder on? Materials the tank is made of, size and shape, lighting, filtration system, and heater.
- How many fish do you keep in the tank?
- Do you keep small or big types of fish in the tank?
- What is the weight of the tank?
Other Important Factors to Consider
What is a rimless aquarium? How does it work?
Rimless tanks are increasingly becoming the most renowned type of tanks sold on the market today. They are very appealing to the eyes and are not difficult to manage and take care of. These are ideal for anyone keeping turtles, frag tanks, stingrays and island tanks.
Rimless tanks are the top choice for those who want to focus on the aesthetic appeal of the aquarium—this type of tank works by taking the aquascape of the tank to the next level. And, since it does not have any unsightly trim and frame, it focuses on what is inside the aquarium rather than what is surrounding it.
For fact, many professional aquarists use this type of tank. Indeed, a lot of aquascaping firms use rimless designs to display their work with neat and sophisticated designs. This is applicable to contemporary office looking, kitchens, dorms, and other places that typically have limited spaces. It is worth noting that rimless tanks can harmoniously blend with any environment.
What are the different types of rimless aquariums?
Different types of rimless tanks come in different materials they are made of, sizes, shapes and designs. They also vary with the type of filtration system they could provide and other necessary features. In the same way, some of them can be purchased with all the required accessories too for easy and convenient installation.
You can purchase them in different price ranges depending on the brand or manufacturer.
Why do you need rimless tanks? (Benefits)
Rimless aquariums are quite popular for their aesthetic appeal. Many consumers prefer them more over other options because they also come with a number of upsides and these consist of:
- They make use of top-quality low-iron glasses that are adept at minimizing green tint; hence, they allow clearer and unobstructed aquarium views.
- These are built using thick and sturdy silicone, acrylic and glass that enables them to hold the weight even without the brace.
- There is no obstruction in the internal and external sections of the aquarium panel. The water line is quite visible giving the tank a more natural look. You can focus on what’s inside the tank.
- These are manufactured with various types of acrylic and glass that come in distinct sizes. Thus, you are offered limitless options that you can select from depending on your preference.
- You can use them for both freshwater and saltwater tanks.
- They are easy to clean and maintain. And, they are not troublesome to install. You have instant access to feeding too.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most trusted rimless aquarium brands?
There are innumerable rimless tank brands and manufacturers out there and often times this can make the selection process a pain in the neck. So, in order to narrow down your long search and reduce the stress of doing your research, here are the brands that you can rely on when it comes to the most trusted and reliable rimless tanks:
- Penn Plax
- Lifegard Aquatics
Rimless vs. Regular Aquarium: What is the difference?
Rimless tanks utilize thick glass and high-quality silicone that is meant to provide the necessary support for the weight and to guarantee the ravishing appeal that every tank owner dreams of. They are generally built with very transparent and top-quality glass that contains low iron content.
These also offer easier access to the above portion of the tank. They are commonly the top pick for nano reef tanks. Nonetheless, rimless tanks are usually priced expensively.
On the other hand, regular tanks are less expensive than rimless tanks mainly because these are mass-produced faster. They also allow for tops and hoods. However, they do not enable users to attach them to a distinct form of light most of the time.
With rimmed tanks, the water line will be totally concealed from view. And, it is easier to have bigger tanks since it is capable of supporting bulky weight loads of water.
How to install and use?
When installing and using rimless tanks, make sure that they are appropriately leveled and set up on a flat and durable surface that could provide support to the weight of the filled tank. You can instantly attach the filter body on the rim of the tank. Indeed, this can be secured there mainly because most filters are built to have a foundation where you position it on the rim of the tank.
How to care & clean?
Generally speaking, most rimless tanks require thorough cleaning once every 2 weeks. When cleaning, it is a must to siphon the gravel to eliminate the unconsumed food and residues. At least 10% by up to 15% of the tank water needs to be replaced. The filtration and heaters must be inspected if they are properly functioning.
Take note that the frequency of cleaning your tank could also rely on its size and the number of fish you keep.
What is the warranty?
In terms of rimless aquarium warranties, these generally rely on the manufacturer’s offer. Generally speaking, different companies do not provide the same warranties. When buying the product, you can check the label to see if the warranty is indicated, or if not, you may conduct research about it or ask the manufacturer directly.
Many a time, warranties range from a “specific span of time” warranty (for example: 2, 3, 4 years or lifetime warranties), other brands will offer money back guarantee or refund for defective products received or others will offer replacements for the defective components of the product purchased. You can also check the customer service of the manufacturer and ask for more details regarding the warranty that you can get once you purchase their product.
Where to buy?
Various brands of rimless tanks can be bought in neighboring fish or pet stores in your current location. Buying in local stores will give you the opportunity to personally see and inspect the rimless aquarium of your choice; however, this may take time and energy to do so.
Anyhow, if you’re going to shop online, you will be provided with more options to select from. Typically, you can see here many of the brands that you can’t find in local stores. Some of the online shopping sites where you can find rimless tanks include Amazon, Aqua Lab Aquaria, Petsmart, Lowes, Walmart, Petco, eBay and many other sites that are recognized globally.
Every fish enthusiasts certainly have his/her very own requirements and preference with regard to the kind of aquarium he/she would like to keep. And, it cannot be denied that when it comes to ease of set up, out-of-the-ordinary appeal and ease of maintenance, the best rimless aquariums are definitely incomparable.
As mentioned in this article, many aquarium hobbyists prefer this type of tank mainly because it is aesthetically pleasing and it can be a very stunning shelter for your most cherished aquatic pets and plants. As a matter of fact, many people who own rimless tanks never even think of buying rimmed tanks again on their next purchase.
In essence, when it comes to picking the right rimless tank for you, the product reviews and shopping guides clearly discussed above can be your helpful aid so you can come up with the best possible option for your needs and preference.